Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day #254: Psalm 16:9-11



Psalms 16:9-11 (NIV)
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


David was assured that the Lord would preserve his life in the face of death. He rejoiced because God enabled his body to rest securely even when confronted with death. The reason he could rest is that God would not abandon him to the grave, nor... let His holy one see decay. This verse refers to David, who describes himself as God’s “holy one,” that is, one of God’s saints. He took comfort in the fact that God would not, at that time, allow his body to die and decay in the grave. In fact God had caused him to know the path of life so he anticipated experiencing further joy in God’s presence.


SO WHAT? (what will I do with what I have read today?)

I think about that phrase David uses in Psalm 16:10 - "God will not abandon me..". I love that about God. Look at some of the verse below that speak about this aspect of God's character.

Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)
5 ... God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

John 10:27-30 (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and the Father are one."


Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Here is why this so important. The Bible is clear on this - because this is God's character - He will never abandon us - we have eternal security. Once we receive Jesus Christ into our lives, He will never leave us. We may leave Him, but He will never leave us. I pray that brings comfort to your heart and soul today.

I love you guys. Stay faithful. Stay the course, ENDURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment