Saturday, November 27, 2010

DAY #6: November 27, 2010



#2. When will start blessing my life? GOD WILL BLESS MY LIFE WHEN I PUT HIM FIRST. (vs.50)

You see what Bartimaeous did here don’t you? The only earthy possession he had was his cloak. It was his blanket on a cold night. It was hi pillow on warm nights. It was all he owned and yet when Jesus called him to come, he took it off and threw it to the side. Listen to what Jesus says to a group of people who was following him one day -

Luke 14:33 (NIV) says, “In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”

This means I have to start shedding the things that are holding me back. Look at the prayer corner at the bottom right hand side of your notes this morning. Read Hebrews 12:1 with me will you? What’s holding you back? Friends? Social status? Fear? Give it up. Quit plying it safe. What do you need to throw off this morning?

Finally, #3. When will start blessing my life? GOD WILL BLESS MY LIFE WHEN I FOLLOW HIM CLOSELY.

(vs.52b) Bartimaeous was healed and followed Jesus along the road. History tells us that Bartimaeous spent the rest of his life doing the work of God. Helping the poor. Feeding the hungry, giving shelter to the homeless. Sharing the good news. Folks, When God blesses you, when God does a miracle for you, when God pours out his favor upon you, how will you respond?

I love what Matthew 6:33 (NIV) says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Folks this verse means…..

I have to determine my priorities in life. Alter call. Will you give him your life this morning? Maybe you need to quit playing mickey mouse with God and step out and strip off things that have been holding you back. Would you tell God that this morning and re-dedicate your life to Him anew?

I love you guys. Stay faithful. Stay the course. Endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment